Wednesday, August 29, 2007

We now join our regularly scheduled program already in progress...

So it's been 10 months since I've bought the small, two story, two bedroom, 832 SF rowhouse in the Lincoln Park area of Capitol Hill. Since that time a lot has happened...mostly demolition. I've torn out drywall and plaster, exposed brick, taken out walls (most of which will be replaced), and begun a cycle that has my furniture covered in new dust about once every couple of weeks. I've got big plans for my little house, and as an architect I'm probably pushing the limits of what is realistic for my budget, rather than resigning myself to doing just what will suffice. But I'm at least keeping a somewhat conservative approach...I mean, I'm not gutting the place (though there are days...)

Anyway, having encountered some interesting things in this renovation recently, coupled with always having people ask me how the renovation is going, I decided to start this blog about my renovation. A renovation diary, if you will, chronicling my adventures in home remodeling.

Oh yes, did I mention that I'm doing most of this work myself and living in the house while I'm working on it? Yeah, this is going to be fun!

And we're off...

No comments: