Monday, November 17, 2008

Getting Closer...

So the drywallers came and worked all day yesterday. It was a whirlwind weekend for me, as I had to go out of town Friday and Saturday, so Friday morning began in Vienna, VA (where I've been staying while I'm sans bathroom) with a quick stop at Home Depot for 1x2's and 3' before heading to the house to install some framing (to furr out the wall around the front bedroom door where the original studs were installed turned sideways) before heading out of town. I returned late Saturday so that I could be around yesterday while the drywallers worked on the upstairs. The results are the installation of just about all of the drywall upstairs and in most cases taped joints and the first layer of mud. It is amazing what a difference the drywall makes, though I'm still pushing forward and won't be quite satisfied until it's all painted and done!! And yes, I'm starting to second guess the paint colors that I bought for these areas (I originally bought them before I decided to bite off this much of the renovation -- actually I guess I could actually pin-point that as one of the factors in my decision to go full ahead with the renovations -- I decided that it didn't make since to paint walls that I was just going to be tearing down in a few months. Oh well! At least paint is easy enough to change if I don't like it!)

No comments: