Monday, November 17, 2008

Bulking Up

So my own project while the drywallers have been working upstairs is to install the framing for the bulkhead around the ductwork in the living room downstairs. Originally I had asked the drywallers to do this, but one of the more imperative aspects of the bulkhead is that it run straight from the front of the house to the back without any 'jogs' or bump-outs. When the drywaller was insistent that it would need to have a bump-out near the kitchen, I said I'd do the framing myself. As the old adage goes, "If you want a job done right..."

Well, so far so good. Though there will have to be some removal of the ceiling in the kitchen to get the framing up in that room. But fortunately I have a little time before I'll be ready for the drywallers to start downstairs.

No comments: