Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tile Selections


Here's a quick glance at the tile that I'm using in the bathroom. I've selected a 3/4" colored opalescent glass mosaic tile called 'Vitreo' from Trend USA. I'm using a blend of 3 colors (2 white shades and a gray) on the floor and a celadon green for the wall behind the sink. As I've mentioned previously, the wall behind the tub and toilet will be the exposed brick, painted white, to produce a more clean and calm feel (in lieu of the original brick color). I chose the small mosiac tile for the floors because the original bathroom tile (of which I found a few remants) was a small mosaic tile pattern (the original was comprised of approximately 1" x 2" white rectangular tiles with a approximately 1"x1" square black tile in a 'pinwheel' arrangement -- such as seen here). While I wasn't crazy about the more traditional pinwheel pattern, I decided that a smaller mosaic tile was still an appropriate choice, and the Trend Vitreo offered the subtle reference to the previous tile that I wanted. I'm really looking forward to seeing this installed, which (fingers crossed) should happen in the next week or so).

No comments: